Skip to main content

Gullible and those like him

+
JMJ

A patient man hath a great and wholesome purgatory, who, receiving injuries, is more concerned at the person's sins than his own wrong; who willingly prays for his adversaries, and from his heart forgives offences; who delays not to ask forgiveness of others; who is easier moved to compassion than to anger; who frequently does violence to himself, and labors to bring the flesh wholly under subjection to the spirit. (Imitation of Christ Book 1, Chapter24)

I received a posting from Gullible today (Gullible November 29, 2019 at 5:43 PM ) and frankly I was frustrated.

I believe that I clearly answered his various objections and yet, like people I know with diagnosed mental illnesses, when confronted with reality, he or she just moves on without acknowledging the fact that they are wrong.

Why is this?

Because they are holding onto a belief to justify their actions.

My takeaway is that Gullible is not looking for the truth.

When able, I am going to invest some time to pull together Gullible's posts and highlight the techniques used to counter reality.

Tonight's attempt was a classic marketing technique called 'FUD'. I have talked about Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt previously and simply put it is a technique that is used when your 'product' isn't as good as the competitions.

So you attack the opponent by casting fear, uncertainty and doubt in the minds of the 'prospective' buyer.

Well I'm not buying it because the arguments aren't worth the electrons and photons that carried them to your computer.

What I will do is post an analysis to attempt to demonstrate the flaw in Gullible's approach and why it is simply making excuses.


P^3

Comments

  1. Hi Tradical
    Mental Illness.

    T- I believe that I clearly answered his or her various objections
    T- Is there anything specifically sinful in the legislation? Technically speaking no.

    Technically you did answer but only with a declaration and nothing else provided.

    then disregard my unposted comment and prove Menzingen innocent.

    God Bless
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, I have not responded in full, but I will.

      In the meantime, of what are you accusing 'Menzingen' ?

      What is your proof?

      P^3

      Delete
  2. Hi Tradical
    This guy has an interesting article on the Bill 24, I know he is not Catholic so weed through it because you can't find an Albertan who is Catholic to provide a decent perspective.

    https://www.educationunlimited.ca/bill-24-and-the-alberta-home-educator

    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something is becoming clearer with each of your comments.

      P^3

      Delete
  3. Hi Tradical
    https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/61-alberta-private-schools-running-afoul-of-gay-straight-alliance-law-minister-says

    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gullible,

      I get the feeling that you are lurking in the shadow of other peoples words.

      Don't you have your own thoughts and analysis of the situation? Can you not present your own argument?

      You are the accuser or perhaps the prosecutor, so make your case!

      P^3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rome,the SSPX and this time of Crisis - Updated

+ JMJ Obviously there's lots of events right now. First we have the April 1st - I almost thought it was April Fools - meeting between Pope Francis and Bishop Fellay.  Nothing really news worthy as this is a natural progression as Rome appears to be considering fulfilling Archbishop Lefebvre's wish to 'accept us as we are'. Second we have the April 8th publication of what will be a verbose exhortation of the Synod of the Family. I'm willing to bet that the Pope will give with one hand (unilateral regularization of SSPX) and take with the other (ambiguous document that opens the flood gates of sin further). Much to pray for. P^3

A Reply to Martin Blackshaw’s FLAWED Remnant article titled: FLAWED: SSPX Advice on Abortion-tainted Vaccines

 + JMJ    An article has appeared in the Remnant (link to article) and I am afraid that there are a number of flaws in it that need to be addressed. The author, Martin Blackshaw, believes that both the Church and the SSPX are misapplying the principle of Moral Theology called 'Cooperation In Evil'.  Unfortunately, Mr. Blackshaw rests most of his arguments on citing authors that support his position, without considering the possibility that they are wrong. This highlights a key factor in this crisis: ignorance of the faith and its application . I don't am not singling out Mr. Blackshaw for this criticism, I have observed that it applies to laity and religious, superior and subject a like.  No one seems immune in this enduring crisis, myself included.  I further believe that this ignorance is why so many Catholics, both traditional and non, rely on their gut feeling or "Catholic conscience" for charting their way through this crisis of the faith.  While...

Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum

 + JMJ  Now THIS is probably the most important news item in the last two years - yes I place this above the pandemic. I'm only surprised by how long it took for this to surface during this pontificate. I hope and pray that it is false or that if it comes to pass that somehow some good will arise out of the ashes of Summorum Pontificum. P^3  Courtesy of Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (Updated) Update (May 26): Rorate's additional sources in Rome have confirmed this Wednesday that Francis has indeed a text on Summorum Pontificum lined up, which has been developed for months, but what is not known at this point is if the text is just about a more limited take on the Summorum application questionnaire (first revealed by us in the spring of 2020) or about an overhaul of Summorum Pontificum in general: drafts could be dealing with both matters. It is also not impossible for a text to come ou...

If Pope Francis is bad - what about Pope St. John Paul II et al?

+ JMJ So here we are on the apparent cusp of yet another post conciliar Papal canonization. This time we have Pope's John-Paul I and Paul VI canonizations to 'look forward' to. This follows, obviously, on the heels of Pope St. John Paul II's canonization? So the first question that I usually encounter is: How is it possible, keeping in mind the doctrine on infallibility of canonizations (note doctrine not dogma), that Pope St. John Paul II is a Saint? First, what does it mean???  According to the doctrine of dogmatic facts - it is the universal opinion of Theologians that canonizations are infallible.  It means that they enjoy the beatific vision.  ... that's it.  That is the doctrine and it is at the level of universal opinion of theologians.  It is called a 'dogmatic fact'. That they made mistakes is obvious.  That the miracles seem to not be very miraculous is also a bit of an issue. Here's something to consider: The rush that surrou...

Thirty Days Prayer to Our Lady -

+ JMJ Providence has cast this prayer in my path twice in the last week.  I decided to post it here in order to have a copy handy. P^3 Prayer Penance Patience Source Intro Prayer With the condition of affairs in the cultural, political and physical world in a state of disarray we enter Lent - Ash Wednesday - February 25th - 2004 - more compelled then ever to pursue, diligently and faithfully, our personal road to holiness. It is a long, difficult path each of us treads, however, we do know the journey can be sweeter and more blessed if we travel it with others. Jesus has told us: "Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, I am with you." And there are many other biblical passages, as well, that urge us to love and help one another. A 'Thirty Day Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary ' was said by many Catholics during troubled times in their lives up until Vatican II. While looking through old stored away boxes, I came across a small white prayer b...