Skip to main content

Chronicle: What the Pope Knew - Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò

+
JMJ


Steve Skojec was busy a couple of weeks ago, but he did make a post on August 20 in which he felt that this was the calm before the storm.

Well, yet another storm has broken - a Testimony by an Archbishop that the Pope knew about Cardinal Carrick and did ... wait for it ... nothing.

The irony is how swift Rome has been to stomp on Traditional Orders (FFI, Canons of St. John Cantius), but lead footed when it comes to homosexual predators within the hierarchy.

Here are some key links that have been tracking this aspect of the Crisis of the Church:

Lifesitenews: Former-us-nuncio-pope-francis-knew-of-mccarricks-misdeeds-repealed-sanction
Lifesitenews: Cardinal Burke responds to former us nuncios letter
Lifesitenews: Texas bishop urges thorough investigation
Lifesitenews: Pope Francis "i-am-not-going-to-say-a-word-about-archbishop-viganos-statemen"
Lifesitenews: Cardinal Wuerl from denial to dead silence


Rorate Caeli: Explosive: Former Nuncio to the US - "Pope Francis knew it all. He must resign."
Rorate Caeli: Texas Bishop: "I find the Viganò allegations to be credible."
Rorate Caeli: OP-ED - "The McCarrick Affair: The Pope knew. Here is why he must resign."

1P5: Pope Refuses to Answer
For this last one I'm going to quote Steve Skojec:

It’s an act of hubris so stunning, I can’t say I’ve ever seen anything like it.
 Ok, I'll grant that this is perhaps the biggest act of hubris in the last while, however I would posit that deciding to make up a Mass is perhaps an even bigger act of hubris. 
Confronted on the plane back from Ireland by a reporter from CBS News who wanted a simple true or false answer about whether the pope could confirm allegations that former apostolic nuncio to the United States, Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò had personally told him about McCarrick’s sexual abuse in 2013, Francis dodges the question and redirects it back at the journalist in the most unconvincing, condescending way imaginable.
I think that Pope Francis' reaction, based on past performance, was predictable.
“I will respond to your question,” says the pope in a video of the plane presser translated by LifeSiteNews. “But I would prefer that we first speak about the trip, and then other topics … This morning I read that statement. I read it, and I will say sincerely that I must tell you all this — you [CBS] and all of you who are interested: Read the statement carefully yourselves and make your own judgment. I am not going to say a word about this. I believe that the statement speaks for itself, and you all have sufficient journalistic ability to draw conclusions.”
 So his response is a non-response.
“It is an act of trust,” he continues. “When a little time goes by, and you have drawn conclusions, perhaps I will speak about it, but I would like your professional maturity to do this work. It will do you all good, really.”
Ok, so I think that the Pope just got caught with his hands in the proverbial cookie jar.
Available from Walmart
But really, what are we to expect but 'hubris' from the people who brought you the Second Vatican Council and the New Mass? 

No, I mean really, did you expect something good to come from them on purpose?

It has been stated that the corruption in the Church goes all the way to the top of the hierarchy - the Pope.

Traditional Catholics have known this for decades as we've seen Modernist and Liberal agendas promoted to the detriment of the Faith.

So, please don't fall into the "ain't it awful" trap.

It is what it is - a crisis brought on by hubris - pride. That is the core issue with modernism and the liberals.  They shirk off responsibility and say: I know better.

This latest episode changes nothing about the reality of this crisis, in the end it will be yet another footnote.

So, pray, do penance and be patient, that is how you will survive and how to help the Church.

P^3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome,the SSPX and this time of Crisis - Updated

+ JMJ Obviously there's lots of events right now. First we have the April 1st - I almost thought it was April Fools - meeting between Pope Francis and Bishop Fellay.  Nothing really news worthy as this is a natural progression as Rome appears to be considering fulfilling Archbishop Lefebvre's wish to 'accept us as we are'. Second we have the April 8th publication of what will be a verbose exhortation of the Synod of the Family. I'm willing to bet that the Pope will give with one hand (unilateral regularization of SSPX) and take with the other (ambiguous document that opens the flood gates of sin further). Much to pray for. P^3

A Reply to Martin Blackshaw’s FLAWED Remnant article titled: FLAWED: SSPX Advice on Abortion-tainted Vaccines

 + JMJ    An article has appeared in the Remnant (link to article) and I am afraid that there are a number of flaws in it that need to be addressed. The author, Martin Blackshaw, believes that both the Church and the SSPX are misapplying the principle of Moral Theology called 'Cooperation In Evil'.  Unfortunately, Mr. Blackshaw rests most of his arguments on citing authors that support his position, without considering the possibility that they are wrong. This highlights a key factor in this crisis: ignorance of the faith and its application . I don't am not singling out Mr. Blackshaw for this criticism, I have observed that it applies to laity and religious, superior and subject a like.  No one seems immune in this enduring crisis, myself included.  I further believe that this ignorance is why so many Catholics, both traditional and non, rely on their gut feeling or "Catholic conscience" for charting their way through this crisis of the faith.  While...

Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum

 + JMJ  Now THIS is probably the most important news item in the last two years - yes I place this above the pandemic. I'm only surprised by how long it took for this to surface during this pontificate. I hope and pray that it is false or that if it comes to pass that somehow some good will arise out of the ashes of Summorum Pontificum. P^3  Courtesy of Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (Updated) Update (May 26): Rorate's additional sources in Rome have confirmed this Wednesday that Francis has indeed a text on Summorum Pontificum lined up, which has been developed for months, but what is not known at this point is if the text is just about a more limited take on the Summorum application questionnaire (first revealed by us in the spring of 2020) or about an overhaul of Summorum Pontificum in general: drafts could be dealing with both matters. It is also not impossible for a text to come ou...

If Pope Francis is bad - what about Pope St. John Paul II et al?

+ JMJ So here we are on the apparent cusp of yet another post conciliar Papal canonization. This time we have Pope's John-Paul I and Paul VI canonizations to 'look forward' to. This follows, obviously, on the heels of Pope St. John Paul II's canonization? So the first question that I usually encounter is: How is it possible, keeping in mind the doctrine on infallibility of canonizations (note doctrine not dogma), that Pope St. John Paul II is a Saint? First, what does it mean???  According to the doctrine of dogmatic facts - it is the universal opinion of Theologians that canonizations are infallible.  It means that they enjoy the beatific vision.  ... that's it.  That is the doctrine and it is at the level of universal opinion of theologians.  It is called a 'dogmatic fact'. That they made mistakes is obvious.  That the miracles seem to not be very miraculous is also a bit of an issue. Here's something to consider: The rush that surrou...

Thirty Days Prayer to Our Lady -

+ JMJ Providence has cast this prayer in my path twice in the last week.  I decided to post it here in order to have a copy handy. P^3 Prayer Penance Patience Source Intro Prayer With the condition of affairs in the cultural, political and physical world in a state of disarray we enter Lent - Ash Wednesday - February 25th - 2004 - more compelled then ever to pursue, diligently and faithfully, our personal road to holiness. It is a long, difficult path each of us treads, however, we do know the journey can be sweeter and more blessed if we travel it with others. Jesus has told us: "Wherever two or more are gathered in my name, I am with you." And there are many other biblical passages, as well, that urge us to love and help one another. A 'Thirty Day Prayer to the Blessed Virgin Mary ' was said by many Catholics during troubled times in their lives up until Vatican II. While looking through old stored away boxes, I came across a small white prayer b...