Skip to main content

Tradicat Blogging Statistics

 +

JMJ

The Truth is the reason for this blog, but having an engineering background I am curious about stats.  What follows are some of the stats and my thoughts / interpretations.

 First we have the general stats such as number of followers (ie 1), posts (1967) and comments. How do I interpret these headline stats. Well, only one person finds my 'content' sufficiently interesting to actively follow the blog.  

In the 10+ years since inception, I have posted 1967 articles - some original some just things I found of interest.  There have been 431 comments.  After I implemented screening, this slowed down to 1 comment every few years.  This doesn't bother me in the least since it took time to screen the comments for spam and comments inappropriate for a religious themed blog.  The 'big' number is over 600k views - which is about 60k per year. 

Nothing compared to some, but I find it interesting.

 

 
 
The graph below shows the number of view and I'm not certain what triggered the spikes in 2017, but 2019 was (I believe) due to COVID.  The 2021/2022 spike is a mystery to me. The key thing is that there is a steady increase in the baseline interrupted only when I would take a break and not post for a few months.  

So interest in the blog increases.

 
The following chart shows the audience over the past seven days and for some reason Singapore is practically neck-and-neck with the US.  Wow, so welcome to the blog!

 
From an overall perspective the US has is the largest audience with Canada a distant second.  I was always curious about the Russian readership and suspect it is bots.

 
 
In the past seven days the two three articles have included the Novus Ordo, Obedience, a recent post and the lingering curiosity about Fr / Bishop Joseph Pfeiffer. This is actually a secondary article on Fr. Pfeiffer, the original article on the Pfeiffer garnered so much attention that it was skewing the popular posts section of the blog. So I shifted it around - yet it still regularly hits the top ten.

Finally we have the all time more popular posts on the blog.  I am impressed and happy that the Thirty Days prayer has retained its top ranking.




So the only real conclusions I can draw are that:

  1. The readership continues to increase.
  2. Timely posts on key events (wars, Voris, etc) tend to do well.
  3. A lot of the readership is on older posts - which I ascribe as people looking for answers.

So there you have it, my curiosity is satisfied, we now return to regular programming.


P^3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SSPX: Why Is the SSPX So Criticized?

 + JMJ As long as you are ok with what happens in other Catholic Churches, Traditional Catholics will be left 'alone'.  This is a paraphrase of words spoken by an Archbishop to Traditional Catholics (with a sprinkling of SSPX) who had requested the Traditional Latin Mass under Summorum Pontificum. This reflects that attitude of the Church towards anyone who takes issue with some of the ambiguities of Vatican II and the post-conciliar magisterium.  If you reject the papacy but are ok with V2, the New Mass, and what Rome has stated since 1965 - then you are welcome. Question some of the more abiguous statements and ask for Rome to realise that a circle is not a square - then you are in for a world of hurt. This is where the SSPX exists and has existed from almost its very first moments. Pointing out contradictions with previous magisterium is not acceptable - under any condition. Why? Because it will cause the whole V2 house of cards to fall. I guess only when the contradic...

Correcting Caricatures of the SSPX

 + JMJ Introduction First, a little background on the FSSP St. John Vianney Chapel in Mission Hill Kansas.  After the 1988 consecrations and the foundation of the FSSP there was a consistent trend of Dioceses allowing the SSPX to run chapels and churches near SSPX locations. As with any 'organizational change' there were those who didn't agree with the change and no longer sought the sacraments from the SSPX. I heard from friends that in that era there was a lot of anger and tension (on both sides) between the St. Mary's SSPX and Mission Hill FSSP.  Second, there have been caricatures of the SSPX position (some are evident below) in which personal opinions of SSPX priests and laity are taken as the official position or conflated with those of sedevacantists or 'resistance'. Recent Perspectives of the SSPX Position In the shadow of the consecrations a fever pitch accusations and opinions how surfaced - many of which include caricatures of the SSPX positions, of w...

If Pope Francis is bad - what about Pope St. John Paul II et al?

+ JMJ So here we are on the apparent cusp of yet another post conciliar Papal canonization. This time we have Pope's John-Paul I and Paul VI canonizations to 'look forward' to. This follows, obviously, on the heels of Pope St. John Paul II's canonization? So the first question that I usually encounter is: How is it possible, keeping in mind the doctrine on infallibility of canonizations (note doctrine not dogma), that Pope St. John Paul II is a Saint? First, what does it mean???  According to the doctrine of dogmatic facts - it is the universal opinion of Theologians that canonizations are infallible.  It means that they enjoy the beatific vision.  ... that's it.  That is the doctrine and it is at the level of universal opinion of theologians.  It is called a 'dogmatic fact'. That they made mistakes is obvious.  That the miracles seem to not be very miraculous is also a bit of an issue. Here's something to consider: The rush that surrou...

Morning and Evening and other sundry Prayers

+ JMJ Along the theme of P^3 (Prayer, Penance, Patience), and for my own reference ... here is a collection of Morning and Evening prayers from the Ideal Daily Missal along with some additional prayers. In this crisis of the Church, I do not think it is possible to do too much prayer, penance and have patience. P^3

How many more must die for the throne? or How to combat FUD!

 + JMJ How many more must die for the throne? (Movie Quote: Prince Caspian) The Spread of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt I've seen a lot of FUD spreading across the intergnat on various stats etc.   So let's put this in context ... especially the perspective of those people in positions of authority who need to make decisions to protect the lives of their citizens. Yep, this is going to be that type of post.  Like it or not the leaders of our governments have their authority from God.  So, as Catholics should know, you need to have a very good reason to deliberately disobey the orders of their superiors. This is basic St. Thomas Aquinas ... so don't blame me for discussing things from a Catholic perspective. The leaders of our countries have taken action to protect the vulnerable of our countries.   As much as the young and not-so-young may whine and complain - I have to ask how many more of our elderly have to die? What the armchair virologists and ec...