Skip to main content

Reference for First Friday and Saturday Devotions - Reblog 6

 

 +

JMJ

For reference I have created a summary Map for the First Friday (Sacred Heart) and Saturday Devotions (Immaculate Heart) devotion. 


P^3



First Friday

  • Overview

    • In 1688, during an apparition to Saint Margaret Mary, Our Lord Jesus Christ promised the grace of the Holy Death to those who would receive Holy Communion on the first Friday of the month, nine months in a row. This was called The Great Promise.

    • Reparatory Communions on the First Fridays of the month: The Twelfth Promise was inserted in full in the Bull of Canonization of St. Margaret Mary on May 13, 1920, by Pope Benedict XV. He thus wanted to encourage the practice of reparatory communions on the nine first Fridays of the month, in honour of the Sacred Heart.

  • Promises

    • I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.

    • I will establish peace in their homes.

    • I will comfort them in all their afflictions.

    • I will be their secure refuge during life, and above all, in death.

    • I will bestow abundant blessings upon all their undertakings.

    • Sinners will find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.

    • Lukewarm souls shall become fervent.

    • Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.

    • I will bless every place in which an image of my Heart is exposed and honored.

    • I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.

    • Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart.

    • I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who receive Holy Communion on the First Fridays in nine consecutive months the grace of final perseverance; they shall not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their sacraments. My divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.

  • Criteria

    • Receive Holy Communion

    • On nine consecutive First Fridays

    • Normally it is done with the intention of making reparation to the Sacred Heart

   

First Saturday

  • Overview

    • On December 10, 1925, our Blessed Mother again appeared to Lucy at Pontevedra, Spain. Sr. Lucy, while a Dorothean postulant, was in her cell when Our Lady appeared to her, placing one hand on Sr. Lucy’s shoulder and in the other hand showing her a heart surrounded by thorns. Next to the Blessed Virgin was the Child Jesus borne by a luminous cloud and He said to her:

    • Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them.

    • Then the Most Blessed Virgin said:

      • Look, my daughter, at my Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You at least try to console me and say that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, shall confess, receive Holy Communion, recite five decades of the rosary, and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the 15 mysteries of the rosary, with the intention of making reparation to me.

  •    Promises

    • I (Blessed Virgin Mary) promise to assist at the hour of death, with the graces necessary for salvation, all those who,

  • Criteria

    • A confession of reparation within the eight days preceding or following communion;

    • The communion of reparation on the first Saturday;

    • The recitation of one set of mysteries of the rosary;

    • Meditation on the mysteries of the Rosary while keeping company with Our Lady for fifteen minutes.

    • On Five Consecutive First Saturdays

 



References

https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/promises-sacred-heart-4307

https://florida.sspx.org/en/promises-sacred-heart-jesus

http://fsspx.com/Communicantes/Jun2004/Salvation_Trust_Thee.htm

https://www.sspxasia.com/Documents/The_Church_Year/Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus.htm

http://fsspx.com/Communicantes/Mar2006/From_District_Office.htm

https://sspx.org/en/fatima_first-saturdays_reparation_comunion_reparation_rosary_meditation



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rome,the SSPX and this time of Crisis - Updated

+ JMJ Obviously there's lots of events right now. First we have the April 1st - I almost thought it was April Fools - meeting between Pope Francis and Bishop Fellay.  Nothing really news worthy as this is a natural progression as Rome appears to be considering fulfilling Archbishop Lefebvre's wish to 'accept us as we are'. Second we have the April 8th publication of what will be a verbose exhortation of the Synod of the Family. I'm willing to bet that the Pope will give with one hand (unilateral regularization of SSPX) and take with the other (ambiguous document that opens the flood gates of sin further). Much to pray for. P^3

A Reply to Martin Blackshaw’s FLAWED Remnant article titled: FLAWED: SSPX Advice on Abortion-tainted Vaccines

 + JMJ    An article has appeared in the Remnant (link to article) and I am afraid that there are a number of flaws in it that need to be addressed. The author, Martin Blackshaw, believes that both the Church and the SSPX are misapplying the principle of Moral Theology called 'Cooperation In Evil'.  Unfortunately, Mr. Blackshaw rests most of his arguments on citing authors that support his position, without considering the possibility that they are wrong. This highlights a key factor in this crisis: ignorance of the faith and its application . I don't am not singling out Mr. Blackshaw for this criticism, I have observed that it applies to laity and religious, superior and subject a like.  No one seems immune in this enduring crisis, myself included.  I further believe that this ignorance is why so many Catholics, both traditional and non, rely on their gut feeling or "Catholic conscience" for charting their way through this crisis of the faith.  While...

The Vatican and SSPX – An Organizational Culture Perspective

Introduction The recent and continuing interactions between the Vatican and the SSPX have been a great opportunity for prayer and reflection.  The basis for the disagreement is theological and not liturgical. As noted by Dr. Lamont (2012), the SSPX theological position on the four key controversial aspects of the Second Vatican Council are base on prior theological work that resulted from relevant magisterial pronouncements.  So it is difficult to understand the apparent rejection of the theological position of the SSPX.

Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum

 + JMJ  Now THIS is probably the most important news item in the last two years - yes I place this above the pandemic. I'm only surprised by how long it took for this to surface during this pontificate. I hope and pray that it is false or that if it comes to pass that somehow some good will arise out of the ashes of Summorum Pontificum. P^3  Courtesy of Rorate-Caeli URGENT: Pope tells Italian Bishops he plans to abolish the motu proprio Summorum Pontificum (Updated) Update (May 26): Rorate's additional sources in Rome have confirmed this Wednesday that Francis has indeed a text on Summorum Pontificum lined up, which has been developed for months, but what is not known at this point is if the text is just about a more limited take on the Summorum application questionnaire (first revealed by us in the spring of 2020) or about an overhaul of Summorum Pontificum in general: drafts could be dealing with both matters. It is also not impossible for a text to come ou...

Thoughts on the FSSP Perspectives On the SSPX Situation

+ JMJ  Perspectives – FSSP vs SSPX In August, Fr. Debow (FSSP) of Holy Family Parish in Vancouver, B.C. wrote two letters on the SSPX “situation”. Obviously, Father is writing from the FSSP perspective and some elements are simply repeating what he’s been taught in seminary by the founders of the FSSP. In other words, they don’t truthfully reflect the position of the SSPX or, I feel, make the necessary distinctions. Father’s key points I noted were: The situation isn’t primarily about the Tridentine 1 Mass, the SSPX “no longer believes that Rome can transmit the faith, the SSPX “have taken it upon themselves to save the Church”, the penalties are not a persecution but a correction of a theological error manifesting itself as schism, It is a sin to attend Mass at an SSPX chapel. My goal is to assess the five points in as objective a manner as possible. Since I have sought the sacraments from either Fr. Normandin or the SSPX since the early 80’s it is probably t...