What to do ... in times such as these ...
I think I've been distracted long enough with the 'resistance' and the attendant issues. From my perspective, they are just another set of people who have been scandalized by the tragedy heralded by the start of the Second Vatican Council.
So what does one do to keep their heads in times such as these ...
Well first of all, there are principles to use as a guide for our actions. Some are here.
The second thing is to practice the corporal and spiritual works of mercy and then we have the Beatitudes:
The text of St. Matthew runs as follows:
- Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 3)
- Blessed are the meek: for they shall possess the land. (Verse 4)
- Blessed are they who mourn: for they shall be comforted. (Verse 5)
- Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill. (Verse 6)
- Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. (Verse 7)
- Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God. (Verse 8)
- Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. (Verse 9)
- Blessed are they that suffer persecution for justice' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (Verse 10)
This is what we need to do and pay attention to #4 - we need to hunger and thirst for justice - not revenge.
Be assured, justice will be dealt out in the next life if not in this, by God, not by us. Our job is to pray for all those who are on the path to Hell, each is precious to God and deserves our merciful prayers.