+
JMJ
I came to Tradition a few years after they had bought a chapel. My wife told me of the earlier years when Fr. Normandin would come to town and Mass would be held in a room at the convention centre.
He'd start by blessing the room and then proceed with Mass.
This went on for a while before the one of the faithful found a small hall that would suit just fine. They pooled their money and bought the building. Then came the work as the retiree's refinished the floor, setup the sactuary.
Oh, did I mention that I heard that the hall had been used by a motorcycle gang?
The floor needed a lot of work. I remember seeing pictures of the founders working to make the hall into a fitting place for the Sacrifice of the Mass.
That little chapel would be a refuge like many others serviced by Fr. Normandin. From Thunderbay, Ontrario to Nanaimo, British Columbia - the SSPX chapels are all the results of Fr. Normandin's missionary work in those desperate times.
Without him it would have been a devastated landscape.
That little chapel worked well for about decade until we outgrew it and were able buy a church about four times its size.
I look forward to seeing what happens when the SSPX is given a no-compromise regularization.
It will be interesting to see if the congregation grows at that point. The SSPX noticed an up-tick when the Dioceses closed the Churches during COVID.
P^3
Comments
Post a Comment