Skip to main content

Synod of the Family - Unity in Ambiguity

+
JMJ

Well the Synod of the ___________ is over and the dust is still settling.

Given that people are finally fighting the deviants, I suspect a lot of name calling like this:
From: Thomas Rosica [mailto:rosica@saltandlighttv.org]
Sent: March 24, 2011 8:18 PM
(…) your vision of the Church will not help you to grow. It simply confirms you where you are. …
You launch arrows and broadcast yourself from a website. You have no theological formation ... Your keyboard and your monitor do not make you a bishop or liturgist.  
Fraternally yours in Christ,
Fr. Rosica
Source - A fellow Canadian blogger - Vox Cantoris
... will be in the media for a while.

I plan on attending a breakfast meeting with my local ordinary.  The topics: Synod, Communion for the Adulterers (oops Divorced and Civilly Remarried), homosexuality etc.

Of course, the Pope claims (rightfully) to be the guarantor of Unity of Faith (I'm not certain that he really understood what the other Vatican Council taught about this ... but that's another story).  However, Pope Francis is very is ambiguous and so Unity in Ambiguity has replaced Unity in Faith.

I'll issue a report after meeting.

P^3




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is the Chair of St. Peter Vacant - SSPX.ca

+ JMJ Many years ago Fr. Boulet wrote an article concerning sedavacantism. It's is valuable for its rationale as well as for the words of Archbishop Lefevbre that it contains. In addition to the article, I came across this:   SSPX: Little Catechism On Sedevacantism Courtesy of SSPX.ca

News Roundup: August 23, 2026

 + JMJ I want to highlight / respond to two articles in particular: National Catholic Reporter: Former SSPX member says unity with Catholicism means more than valid ordinations :  First, Louis Massett was not a member of the SSPX, only priests, religious and perhaps the Third Order members are actually members of the SSPX.  Massett's experience regarding the cultural shift is aligned with my experience in that a change in belief is followed by a change in the artifacts - such as dress, music, association etc.  There are extremes in each of these - to the point where belief exceeds what is actually required.  Female dress is a key point and, for better or worse, Bishop Williamson's (RIP) series on slacks for women reflect a more extreme version of the modesty. "They're not Catholic. They're SSPX" actually reflects either the Sedevacantist or modern Catholic perspective.   In general the Sedevacantists - and I've run into this belief system throughout th...

"Father, Should I Attend That Mass?" Advice on Attending Non-SSPX Latin Masses

 + JMJ I see that the 'resistors' are in a tizzy because Fr. Robinson used them as an example instead of the sedevacantists. What is interesting is that you can apply the exact same reasons against going to a sede mass as that of the 'resistors'. Namely: On the other extreme are those situations where an SSPX priest knows that a certain non-SSPX traditionalist venue is a grave danger to the faith . Frankly, most, if not all, of the Resistance Masses would fall into this category. In many cases, the behavior of these priests has been and continues to be scandalous, by their (A) spirit, their (B) preaching, and their indiscriminate conferral of the (C) priesthood and (D) episcopacy. To attend a Mass with such ongoing scandals poses a serious danger to the souls of the faithful. Yep, looking at A,B,C and D the shoe fits. On this basis the "resistors" = "sedevacantists". P^3 Courtesy of SSPX.org   A companion article to a recent "Questions with ...

Rome,the SSPX and this time of Crisis - Updated

+ JMJ Obviously there's lots of events right now. First we have the April 1st - I almost thought it was April Fools - meeting between Pope Francis and Bishop Fellay.  Nothing really news worthy as this is a natural progression as Rome appears to be considering fulfilling Archbishop Lefebvre's wish to 'accept us as we are'. Second we have the April 8th publication of what will be a verbose exhortation of the Synod of the Family. I'm willing to bet that the Pope will give with one hand (unilateral regularization of SSPX) and take with the other (ambiguous document that opens the flood gates of sin further). Much to pray for. P^3

A Reply to Martin Blackshaw’s FLAWED Remnant article titled: FLAWED: SSPX Advice on Abortion-tainted Vaccines

 + JMJ    An article has appeared in the Remnant (link to article) and I am afraid that there are a number of flaws in it that need to be addressed. The author, Martin Blackshaw, believes that both the Church and the SSPX are misapplying the principle of Moral Theology called 'Cooperation In Evil'.  Unfortunately, Mr. Blackshaw rests most of his arguments on citing authors that support his position, without considering the possibility that they are wrong. This highlights a key factor in this crisis: ignorance of the faith and its application . I don't am not singling out Mr. Blackshaw for this criticism, I have observed that it applies to laity and religious, superior and subject a like.  No one seems immune in this enduring crisis, myself included.  I further believe that this ignorance is why so many Catholics, both traditional and non, rely on their gut feeling or "Catholic conscience" for charting their way through this crisis of the faith.  While...