What I wish I knew when I started out as a TC Mother: Vis-a-Vis Stuff!!!!
... or more correctly, what I hadn't done.
You really need to write this down for our kids and for anyone who reads Tradicat!
Early on, I was focused on finding good deals for clothing for our expanding family. This translated into a fair amount of time hunting for deals at garage sales and thrift stores.
Looking back, it was a lot of hours that perhaps could have been spent better. Although, I thoroughly enjoyed the thrill of the hunt!
So for those mother's reading this blog, here's what I would tell a my younger self:
- Start with a clear end goal in mind. → Envision what you want your house to look like!
- Make a list of what you need before you shop. → When that list is met ...
- Don't let fear rule you. → There will always be thrift stores to get something you've forgotten. → Stuff is necessary to raising a family but stuff can take over your life....stuff takes:
- time to gather,
- time to clean and store,
- time to sort, organize & purge (when you get too much)
- emotional energy in letting go!
- Your House is NOT elastic!
- The less you have + the less you feel you need (contentment) = greater freedom!