Communique about Avrille Dominicans - SSPX.org
Having completed the review of the 'Avrille' perspective, this communique from the French District Superior is perfectly timed.
I believe that the 'resistance' has lost rationality and further argumentation simply results in their holding on to their false ideal all the more firmly.
Pray much ...
First, for them to acquiesce to the grace of humility in order to obtain a clear perspective on the principles involved.
Second, that we may remain faithful to the Church, and Her Dogmas, Doctrines and Principles.
Lest we become that which against we strove ...
Courtesy of SSPX.org
Communique from the SSPX's French District
- on Sunday, January 19, 2014, the Dominican Fathers distribute to persons who came to attend Mass at the friary in Avrille their “Address to the Faithful”, a document made public on January 7 of that year, accusing the General House in Menzingen of going “in the opposite direction” from the one pursued until now by Archbishop Lefebvre, “by getting closer to modernist Rome” and stubbornly continuing “on that path that leads to death”; the Fathers in Avrille are among the signers of this document;
- on that same day, Fr. Pierre-Marie gives a conference to the faithful who came to Avrille, to explain and justify the validity of this “Address to the Faithful”;
- the text of this “Address to the Faithful”, accompanied by an introduction justifying it, is published in the magazine Le Sel de la terre [The Salt of the Earth], no. 88 (Spring 2014), pp. 138-139;
- confidential correspondence exchanged with Bisop Fellay after the publication of the “Address to the Faithful” is published in Le Sel de la terre, no. 89 (Summer 2014), pp. 215-220;
- the Dominican Fathers take a position in favor of the episcopal consecration of Bishop Faure on March 19, 2015, and publish a long dossier justifying this act in Le Sel de la terre, no. 92 (Spring 2015), pp. 139-169.