Skip to main content

Morning and Evening and other sundry Prayers

+
JMJ
Along the theme of P^3 (Prayer, Penance, Patience), and for my own reference ... here is a collection of Morning and Evening prayers from the Ideal Daily Missal along with some additional prayers.

In this crisis of the Church, I do not think it is possible to do too much prayer, penance and have patience.

P^3


Morning Prayers

Kneel down and making the sign of the Cross say:

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity, now and for evermore. Amen.

In honour of the drops of blood lost by Our Lord Jesus Christ in His Passion say twice: Our Father, Glory Be, Hail Mary

Offering of day:

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer up all my prayer, works and sufferings of this day in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass offered throughout the world for all of my intentions.

An Act of Adoration
O Great God, the sovereign Lord of heaven and earth, I prostrate myself before thee. With all the Angels and Saints I adore thee, I acknowledge Thee to be my Creator and sovereign Lord, my first beginning and last end. I render to Thee the homage of my being and life. I submit myself to Thy holy Will, and I devote myself to Thy divine service this day and for ever.

Then say the Our Father, Hail Mary, I believe in God and the Acts of Faith, Hope and Charity

Adorable Jesus! divine pattern of that perfection to which I should aspire, I will endeavour this day to follow Thine example: to be mild, humble, chaste, zealous, patient, charitable and resigned. Incline my heart to keep Thy commandments. I am resolved to watch over myself with the greatest diligence, and to live soberly,justly and piously, for the time to come. I will take care of my words, that I may not offend with my tongue. I will turn away my eyes that they may not see vanity; and I will be particularly attentive not to relapse into my accustomed failings, but to struggle against them with Thy gracious assistance. Enlighten my mind, purify my heart and guide my steps, that I may pass all my life in Thy divine service. Amen.

Hail Mary ...., (thrice) in honour of the Immaculate Conception of our Blessed Lady.

Litany of the Holy Name of Jesus






Prayer To The Guardian Angel

Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
To whom His love commits me here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard,
to rule and guide.
Amen.



Evening Prayers

Kneel down and making the sign of the Cross say:

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost. Amen.

Blessed be the holy and undivided Trinity, now and for evermore. Amen.

Come, O Holy Ghost! fill the hearts of Thy faithful, and kindle in them the fire of Thy divine love.

Let us place ourselves in the presence of God. Humbly adore Him;

O Great God, the sovereign Lord of heaven and earth, I prostrate myself before thee. With all the Angels and Saints I adore thee, I acknowledge Thee to be my Creator and sovereign Lord, my first beginning and last end. I render to Thee the homage of my being and life. I submit myself to Thy holy Will, and I devote myself to Thy divine service this now and for ever.

Then say the Our Father, Hail Mary (thrice) in honour of the Immaculate Conception of our Blessed Lady; I believe in God and the Confiteor

I confess to Almighty God, to blessed Mary ever Virgin, to blessed Michael, the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, to all the Saints and to you, Father, that I have sinned exceedingly, in thought, word and deed, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault. Therefore I beseech the blessed Mary, ever Virgin, blessed Micahel the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, all the Saints, and you, Father, to pray to the Lord our God for me.

Examination of Conscience


Examine yourself what sins you have committed this day, by thought, word, deed or omission. Then say the Acts of Faith, Hope and Charity, with

Act of Contrition

O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended Thee, and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell, but most of all because they offend Thee, my God, Who art all good, and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of Thy grace to confess my sins, to do penance, and to amend my life.

Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary


Lord, have mercy on us.
Lord, have mercy on us.

Christ, hear us.
God the Father of Heaven,
God the Son, Redeemer of the world,
God the Holy Spirit,
Holy Trinity, One God,

Holy Mary,
Holy Mother of God,
Holy Virgin of virgins, .
Mother of Christ, .
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Mother of the Church,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David, .
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of Heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians, pray for us.
Queen of angels,
Queen of patriarchs,
Queen of prophets,
Queen of apostles,
Queen of martyrs,
Queen of confessors,
Queen of virgins,
Queen of all saints,
Queen conceived without
Original Sin,
Queen assumed into Heaven,
Queen of the holy Rosary,
Queen of families,
Queen of peace,

Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,

Pray fo us, O holy Mother of God,
Christ, have mercy on us.


Christ, graciously hear us.
Have mercy on us.

Have mercy on us.
Have mercy on us.
Have mercy on us.

pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.
pray for us.

pray for us.
pray for us
pray for us
pray for us
pray for us


Spare us, O Lord.

Graciously spare us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.
That we may be made worthy
of the promises of Christ.
General:Let us pray-  Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we Thy servants may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body, and by the glorious intercession of the Blessed Mary, ever Virgin, be delivered from present sorrow and enjoy everlasting happiness. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen
During Advent:

Let us pray - O God, you willed that, at the message of an angel, your word should take flesh  in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary; grant to your suppliant people, that we, who believe her to be truly the Mother of God, may be helped by her intercession with you. Through the same Christ our Lord. . Amen.
From Christmas to the Purification:

Let us pray - O God, by the fruitful virginity of Blessed Mary, you bestowed upon the human race  the rewards of eternal salvation;  grant, we beg you,
that we may feel the power of her intercession, through whom we have been made worthy  to receive the Author of life, our Lord Jesus Christ your Son, who lives and reigns with you forever and ever. Amen.
During Paschaltime:

Let us pray -  O God, who by the Resurrection of your Son,  our Lord Jesus Christ, granted joy to the whole world, grant, we beg you, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, his Mother, we may attain the joys of eternal life. Through the same Christ our Lord.  Amen.
 Source


Prayer for the Faithful Departed

O God! the Creator and Redeemer of all the faithful, grant to the souls of Thy servants departed the remission of all their sins; that through pius supplications they may obtain that pardon which they have always desired: Who livest and reignest world without end. Amen.

Prayer for a Happy Death

O God, who has doomed all men to die, but hast concealed from all the hour of their death, grant that I may pass my days in the practice of holiness and justice, and that I may deserve to quit this world in the peace of a good conscience, and in the embraces of Thy love. Through the same Christ our Lord...
Amen.

Prayer for Protection during the Night

O Angel of God, to whose holy care I am committed by the divine mercy, enlighten, defend and protect me this night from all sin and danger. Amen.

Visit, we beseech Thee, O Lord, this habitation, and drive from it all the snares of the enemy. Let Thy holy Angels dwell herein to preserve us in peace; and may they blessing be upon us for ever, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

God the Father, bless us; Jesus Christ, defend and keep us; the virtue of the Holy Ghost enlighten and sanctify us this night and forever; and may the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.

Bless, O Lord, the repose I am going to take in order to renew my strength, that I may be better able to serve Thee. O all ye Saints and Angels! but chiefly thou, O Mother of God! intercede for me this night and during the rest of my life, but particularly at the hour of my death.
May the divine assistance remain always with us.
Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it sinful to attend the Novus Ordo (New Mass) - Is it Sinful to Not Attend the Novus Ordo on Sunday?

+ JMJ A non-SSPX Catholic is upset over the SSPX statements on not attending the Novus Ordo Missae. Ladies and gentlemen, what the SSPX, or at least its website editor, is advocating is a mortal sin against the Third Commandment.  Unless the priest deviates from the language of the Sacramentary, the consecration, and thus the rest of Mass is to be considered valid.  No one may elect not to attend Mass simply because abuses are occurring therein.  Might I suggest that such absenteeism is its own abuse?  The Third Commandment binds under mortal sin.  Father So-And-So from the SSPX has no authority whatsoever to excuse attendance at Mass, be that Mass ever so unpalatable. Source:Restore DC Catholicism Well, this is interesting. First why does the SSPX issue this statement? Because it is sinful to put your faith in danger by attending a protestant service.  It is likewise dangerous to put your faith in danger by attending a protestantized mass (ie the Novus Ordo Missae

Remember this day March 25, 1991 - The Death of Archbishop Lefebvre

+ JMJ This is the day, 25 years ago, that Archbishop Lefebvre passed on to his eternal reward. I know that he has as many (perhaps even more) critics than admirers.  For example I still remember Fr. Paul Nicholson's screed in which he shouted from the top of his webpage: "To die excommunicated - how horrible". I'll leave aside Fr. Nicholson's ignorance on the matter as in the grand scheme of things, his impact on the life of the Mystical Body of Christ, which IS the Roman Catholic Church is no greater than that of Michael Voris etc. Archbishop Lefebvre and the work he founded (ie Fraternal Society of St. Pius X ) have had a significant impact. Let us list of few from greatest to smallest: Consistent and constant Catholic perspective on the crisis of the Church from the halls of the Second Vatican Council to the Synod on the Family (and beyond!) Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae : By which the restoration of the sacramental life of the