Skip to main content

Michael Voris, Cardinal Burke and Mark Shea

+
JMJ

I read the script for Michael Voris' little "What's a Catholic To Do?" piece and I was going to show the flaws ... and than I saw the satirical piece by the Remnant.

So, in the interest of keeping some perspective, I'm going to repost what is an excellent piece taking, what I believe to be, shots at the irrational position the CMTV has decided to take.  Not to mention that they chastise people for not following their 'high road'.

Of course I find it laughable that now Mark Shea as posted:

"Well done, Michael Voris

He apologizes for his “Pope Harming the Church” video:....
The sad thing is that all Michael did was repeat the words said by a Cardinal who just defended the perennial teaching of the Church.  Now Mark Shea thinks he did wrong, which means that Cardinal Burke did wrong.
I only hope that when Michael's head stops spinning it is facing forward!

Courtesy of The Remnant

P^3



Wednesday, October 22, 2014

BREAKING: Michael Voris Quits CMTV, Going to Work for Mark Shea

Written by  
Rate this item
(19 votes)
Michael VorisMichael Voris
As many of you know, Michael Voris recently apologized for reporting Cardinal Raymond Burke’s statement that Pope Francis was doing harm to the Church. Hours later, however, Voris came to the conclusion that his own logic additionally forbade him from continuing on at CMTV. In a statement released minutes ago, Voris says the following:

“Clarification (Part Deux)

Hello everyone. MichaeVoris coming tyou from Rome with a secondclarification.

Today 
I aired a breaking news report apologizing for my egregious and sinful behavior in reporting the words of Cardinal Burke that Pope Francis is harming the Church. 

However , after further reflection, I have realized that I can no longer continue saying on air how cardinals, bishops and priests are harming the Church either. Yes, it is true that for a long time I have disliked the bishops and have openlmockedthem. I have practically created a cottage industry out of combing thru eversyllable they utter and producingr eams of criticisms over them.
I have introduced to the Catholic worlthings thamost Catholics would never hear of if it werent for my ongoing discussions of them. I have been sewing massive and countless doubtin the minds of many Catholics about the bishops ’legitimacy and authority and driving theto consider leaving the Church and entering the SSPX….I’m sorry, not the SSPX….I simply meant “independent Catholic enclaves that exercise no legitimate authoritin the Church.”

I wish tmake abundantly clear that in no way shape or form do condone anything of the sort.The bishops arelegitimate bishops and any kind of pretended communion witthe Churcwhile rejecting the bishops is not possible.You are either in full communion or you are not.

In short, my mistakes over the years are now being used to make hay and I decry that. For example Cardinal Dolan is a bishop. He is a Prince of the Church. We are called to love the successors of the Apostles, to pray for them. His is the first name I mention in offering up my daily flagellations, recitation of the Divine Office, diet of bread and water, wearing of a hair shirt, and caring for stray puppies at my local humane society.

I have dedicated the remainder of my life to serving the Church and to have to consider that I did something that brought some harm to Her makes me heart sick. On a personal note, to show you how bothered in spirit I am by my actions, I have made a general confession and will forgo receiving Holy Communion one day for every time I have criticized a cardinal bishop or priest. Thus, according to my calculations I will begin to receive Holy Communion again sometime in the next Presidential administration. 

Indeed, the bishops should not be publicly criticized by a lay Catholic, much less mocked and called insulting names and made the butt of jokes. If I continue to do that, then I will have to give an account to Our Lord for mocking His princes when I die.

I want no part of that. Again, I was mistaken, and that mistake should not be being multiplied by those who see it as an opportunity.

As a consequence, I can no longer make videos or work at CMTV. 

Insshea and voristead I will be working for Mark Shea who has been gracious enough to offer me a small position on his two new radio shows. There I will be certain to never again say anything of consequence that will give any soul the slightest impression that anything is amiss in the Conciliar Church. As extra penance I have agreed to groom Mark’s cats, iron the super-hero costumes he will wear on the air and laugh hysterically at all of his inane and corny jokes. This will indeed be my ticket to bypass purgatory.

Thank you and please keep me in your prayers. And, for the last time….GOD Love you.  Michael Voris"

Brothers in Arms--Michael Voris and Mark Shea

Comments

  1. Though Michael Voris has repented both in extreme humility , (a la Uriah Heap in the British work of Charles Dickens "David Copperfield" ), and with sarcasm (? ), he has awakened my sense of awareness on the dangers of invisible spiritual harm that
    surround us ALL, on a daily basis.
    His statement about NOT RECEIVING COMMUNION, is what SAINT THERESA OF AVILA (not LISIEUX or CALCUTTA) but AVILA warns us NOT to do. (WE ARE ALL SINNERS according to SAINT JOHN´s GOSPEL.)
    His sin of thinking critically is good. We are all allowed to think. It is a God-given gift.
    He stated his thoughts publicly . . . though, is where the problem lies. Morally speaking, he has not been made officially more that a layman . . . and he has made very
    clear theological statements with a masterful use of the english language. . . right out
    in the open. Pope Francis has not excommunicated him and Jesus Christ needs intelligent defence . . .
    That he states sarcastically or otherwise that he reads the OFFICE daily, has got to count for something. However, how can sound thinking ruin the Church.
    The Borgia Popes and clerics were wrong, and we see this today. It is great to have a
    CURRENT watch- dog, reminding us that God (FATHER , SON, and HOLY GHOST) is ALIVE and WATCHING out for our morality. We must receive something good and holy from the current age we live in. The voice of Michael Voris is neutral until we make it our own. Whether we personally accept or reject what our YOUTUBE spits out to us, is our own personal responsibility ! True that SAINT Paul said: THAT WE MUST CONSIDER OUR WEAKER BROTHER IN THE ACT OF SCANDALISING with reference to excessive drinking or other immoral actions. Saint
    Paul said: that HOMOSEXUALS, DRUNKARDS , THIEVES and ADULTERERS WILL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM. THIS IS THE MORALITY OF THE BIBLE . . .
    This book is called HOLY BIBLE throughout the last 2000 years ! WE ALL NEED TO FOLLOW IT WHILE ON EARTH ! This includes EVERYONE: whether they are popes, priests, bishops or just plain everyday people. "If you love me, you will keep my COMMANDMENTS " are the true words of Jesus CHRIST not saint Peter or pope FRANCIS. Every moment we live on earth, we are subject to TEMPTATION by SATAN !
    COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT SUGGESTIONS as some hierarchy seem to "suggest" in their long "watered down" encyclicals. I for one, am glad that there exist CURRENT
    "voices crying in the desert!" and making straight the paths of the LORD. Saint Theresa of Avila states in her own DIARY, that even while we are wicked, we should never give up praying to God for His Mercy and GRACE. When we confess our sins, we NEED to receive COMMUNION and the more EUCHAHRISTIC GRACES WE RECEIVE in a valid HOLY MASS, the more strength and grace we have to protect us agains the huge invisible mass of demonic temptation that SURROUND US DAILY. THE MASS
    is the HIGHEST FORM OF PRAYER and during the last 2000 years, has been and is currently under ATTACK by SATAN. To gain spiritual strength, we must pray constantly and receive the HOLY EUCHARIST which Jesus Christ left behind Him on earth for us , in love. GOD FORGIVES US WHEN WE ARE TRULY REPENTENT and not adoring Him solely out of fear for retaliation and punishment. We, ALL, need mercy and grace from GOD, CONTANTLY WHILE ON EARTH .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Morning and Evening and other sundry Prayers

+ JMJ Along the theme of P^3 (Prayer, Penance, Patience), and for my own reference ... here is a collection of Morning and Evening prayers from the Ideal Daily Missal along with some additional prayers. In this crisis of the Church, I do not think it is possible to do too much prayer, penance and have patience. P^3

Is it sinful to attend the Novus Ordo (New Mass) - Is it Sinful to Not Attend the Novus Ordo on Sunday?

+ JMJ A non-SSPX Catholic is upset over the SSPX statements on not attending the Novus Ordo Missae. Ladies and gentlemen, what the SSPX, or at least its website editor, is advocating is a mortal sin against the Third Commandment.  Unless the priest deviates from the language of the Sacramentary, the consecration, and thus the rest of Mass is to be considered valid.  No one may elect not to attend Mass simply because abuses are occurring therein.  Might I suggest that such absenteeism is its own abuse?  The Third Commandment binds under mortal sin.  Father So-And-So from the SSPX has no authority whatsoever to excuse attendance at Mass, be that Mass ever so unpalatable. Source:Restore DC Catholicism Well, this is interesting. First why does the SSPX issue this statement? Because it is sinful to put your faith in danger by attending a protestant service.  It is likewise dangerous to put your faith in danger by attending a protestantized mass (ie the Novus Ordo Missae

Remember this day March 25, 1991 - The Death of Archbishop Lefebvre

+ JMJ This is the day, 25 years ago, that Archbishop Lefebvre passed on to his eternal reward. I know that he has as many (perhaps even more) critics than admirers.  For example I still remember Fr. Paul Nicholson's screed in which he shouted from the top of his webpage: "To die excommunicated - how horrible". I'll leave aside Fr. Nicholson's ignorance on the matter as in the grand scheme of things, his impact on the life of the Mystical Body of Christ, which IS the Roman Catholic Church is no greater than that of Michael Voris etc. Archbishop Lefebvre and the work he founded (ie Fraternal Society of St. Pius X ) have had a significant impact. Let us list of few from greatest to smallest: Consistent and constant Catholic perspective on the crisis of the Church from the halls of the Second Vatican Council to the Synod on the Family (and beyond!) Summorum Pontificum and Universae Ecclesiae : By which the restoration of the sacramental life of the