Validity of new rite of episcopal consecrations - Courtesy of SSPX.org
In the blogosphere there are number of responses to this crisis in the Catholic Church that lead to conclusions that run counter to Catholic Doctrine and Dogmas - if taken to their logical conclusion.
The validity of the New Rite of Episcopal consecrations is one such hotspot within more extreme sections of the 'traditionalist' culture.
The difficulties (objections favoring invalidity)
Defect of form
|The form according to the traditional rite:||The new form:|
Defect of matter
Defect of intention
- Arguments on the contrary
- Objections encountered
- Is the New Rite valid?
- Solution of the Difficulties: Defect of form
- Solution of the Difficulties: Defect of matter
- Solution of the Difficulties: Defect of intention
- Solution of the Difficulties: Answers to the arguments / Conclusion
- New Rite compared to the text of Hippolytus
- Ceremony before Vatican II / Ceremony since 1968 / 2nd Typical Edition (1990)
- Commission members: biographical gallery
- 4-column comparison of 1968 edition with Hippolytus text, Coptic and Maronite Rites
- Appendix 1: Consecration prayers
- Appendix 2: Comparison of forumulas [PDF]
- Appendix 3: 2 additional texts